I-Day: Tbilisi – Alaverdi – Lower Omalo – Dartlo
- Departure at 7 p.m. On the way, we will visit Alaverdi Monastery. It will take about 8-9 hours to travel to Tusheti. The road is so beautiful that you will not get bored. At the middle of the road we will have lunch. Around 4:00 pm, you will be in village Chesho. After a short rest, we will drive to see village Parsma.
- Return to the guesthouse in Chesho (Lunch/Dinner)
Driving time 9 hours; Minimal altitude: 200m Maximal Altitude: 2960m; Walking 2 Km
II-Day: Tracking or horse riding tour in Pirikiti Gorge: Kvavlo – Dano – Chesho – Parsma – Dartlo
- After breakfast trekking or horse-riding tour to village Dano. This beautiful village with towers is standing up to Dartlo. From here are perfect views of Pirikiti gorge. We will continue our trekking to Kvavlo, and with the mountain-path will come down to Dartlo. Lunch in nature.
- Overnight at a guesthouse in Dartlo. (FB)
Trekking or horse riding distance 16 Km; Minimal altitude: 1700 m; Maximal Altitude: 2250m
III-Day: Trekking or horse riding on Unagira mountain (3050m)
- After Breakfast we will start trekking or horse riding in Tusheti and go to Unagira mountain. (3050m) Here you will have picturesque views on both: Pirikiti and Gometsari valley. From the top of the range, you will see villages: Bochorna, Dartlo, Kvavlo and Chesho. This trekking route is the most beautiful from the middle of June until the middle of July, with flowering Rhododendron and a small lake on the top of the range.
- Overnight at a guesthouse in Mirgvela. (FB)
Walking or horse-riding distance 16 km; Minimal altitude: 1900 m; Maximal altitude: 3050m
IV Day: Trekking or horse riding tour to Upper Omalo-Keselo towers
- After breakfast we will start our tour. It will be a short trek to recover energy for the next day. We will walk through the beautiful forest, with views and visit the Keselo towers in Upper Omalo. Lunch in nature. In the case of a horse riding tour, you will ride till Shenako and ride back to Omalo.
- Overnight at a guesthouse in Upper Omalo (FB)
Minimal altitude: 200m Maximal Altitude: 2960m. Walking 2 Km. Trekking distance 5 km. Horse riding distance 25 km.
Minimal Altitude in case of horse riding: 1500 m; Maximal Altitude in case of horse riding: 2000m
V-Day: Trekking or horse riding tour to Oreti Lake
- After Breakfast drive to Kumelaurta and trek to Oreti lake. In case of a horse riding tour, we will start from our guesthouse. This lake is located 2600 m high. During this trekking tour, you will visit the shepherd’s house. From the top of this mountain, you will see all the Tushetian gorges. In the evening, you will come down to the village Kumelaurta full of unforgettable memories. The car will take us back to Omalo guesthouse.
- Return to the guesthouse (FB)
Trekking distance 15 km. Horse riding distance: 23 km. Minimal altitude in case of both options: 1700 m. Maximal altitude in case of both options: 2850 m.
VI Day: Transfer to Tbilisi
- After breakfast driving back to Tbilisi. (Breakfast/Lunch)
Driving distance: 250 km. Time: 8 hours. Minimal altitude: 280 m. Maximal altitude: 2867 m.
On your demand This tour can be continued around Kakheti.
|Number of tourists||2||4||6||10||12||18|
|Price per person in Euro for trekking tour||725||440||345||310||285||270|
|Price per person in Euro for horse-riding tour||850||540||465||425||395||370|
PRICE INCLUDES:Guesthouses. Meals included in itinerary. Transportation with English or Russian speaking guide. Hiking guide. Prices for horses and horse guide. Luggage transportation: Chesho-Dartlo, Dartlo-Mirgvela, Mirgvela-Omalo.
PRICE DOESN’T INCLUDE: Price for souvenirs.
GIFT: One bottle of Georgian wine per group from O’dila wine
DEPOSIT: We will need some deposit to be able to book your tour. The price is 10 %, and money you can send through PayPal. The amount is fully refundable if you cancel your booking more than 30 days before. If you cancel later, the deposit is not refunded.
Necessary clothes: Raincoat, pants for trekking, worm sweater, trekking boots, cap, sun protection cream, shorts, t-shirt.
Pharmacy: In Tusheti there is no pharmacy. So if someone has a specific disease and is treated with a special drug, then he has to buy in Tbilisi before starting the tour or must have it with him.
Guesthouses: In Tusheti, guesthouses are clean and cozy places with simple facilities. Most of them have private bathrooms. To have some images you can see the pictures here
Food: Georgian cuisine is diverse and very tasty. Meat, dairy, and vegetables are the most common ingredient of Tushetian cuisine. If you are vegetarian or vegan, please inform us before starting the tour, and the guesthouse will prepare meals to your taste.
Attention: It is strongly prohibited to take to Tusheti any food made from pork, anything made from pig’s skin!!! It is tradition.