Tusheti jeep tour
Duration: 3 days
number of tourists: Unlimited
Driving distance: 450 km
Walking distance: 4 km
Tusheti jeep tour – duration three days including the road. Overnights in guesthouses. Within the tour you will be able to see: Alaverdi Cathedral, two of Tushetian valleys: Chagma and Pirikiti.
Located on the northern slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountains, Tusheti is bordered by the Russian republics of Chechnya and Dagestan to the north and east, respectively; and by the Georgian historic provinces Kakheti and Pshav-Khevsureti to the south and west, respectively. The population of the area is mainly ethnic Georgians called Tushs or Tushetians.
Historically, Tusheti comprised four mountain communities: the Tsova (living in the Tsova Gorge), the Gometsari (living along the banks of the Pirikitis Alazani River), the Pirikiti (living along the banks of the Pirikitis Alazani River) and the Chaghma, living close to the confluence of the two rivers). Administratively, Tusheti is now part of the municipality of Akhmeta, itself part of Georgia’s eastern region of Kakheti. The largest village in Tusheti is Omalo.
Tusheti is an area in which preserved the spirit of the past, and time seems to stand still. This can be seen even through the inhabitants. The vast majority of these are shepherds who spend their days tending their herds with herding dogs. However, there are friendships minded and willing to talk to strangers, not only absorbing the news of the world, but also sharing local culture. The great attraction of this region are the stone towers that may be encountered in every village. Always there will also be an opportunity to taste the specialties of the local cuisine, simple but aromatic and hearty. So we advice you to see this magnificant land and have unforgatable memories about the real life from the past.
Jeep tour in Tusheti is very popular tourism attraction in the area. On your demand you can also have a horse-riding or trekking tour around this amazing part of Georgia.
I Day: Tbilisi–Alaverdi–Omalo–Keselo Castles–Dochu
- At 7 am departure from Tbilisi to the direction of Alaverdi Cathedral through the Gombori pass.
- After visiting Alaverdi Cathedral we’ll drive to the direction of Tusheti. On the way we’ll have a lunch in nature.Even the road takes 7 hours from Tbilisi, you will not feel tiredness. All the time of driving you will have unbelievable views on caucasus mountains covered with a lot of springs and some glaciers.
- Around 14:00 pm we’ll reach the guest house in Zemo Omalo. From here will start the second round of your adventures.
- After a short rest we’ll visit Keselo castles and then arrive to Gometsari valley to see amazing village – Dochu. In Gometsari gorge this village is the most beautiful with it‘s interesting architecture.
- After an interesting day we will arrive to Upper Omalo to stay in a guest house, where we’ll have a dinner, with chacha and wine degustation and free time to relax.
II Day: Pirikiti Valley–Dartlo–Dano–Kvavlo-Chesho–Parsma
- At 9 am we’ll have breakfast;
- After breakfast we’ll arrive to Pirikiti valley to see the villages: Dartlo, Dano, Kvavlo, Chesho and Parsma We’ll have lunch in nature;
- At about 7 pm we’ll arrive back to guest house, where we will have dinner and free time to relax;
III Day: Kvemo Omalo–Shenako–Diklo–Pichekhi Castles
- At 9 am we’ll have breakfast;
- After breakfast we’ll arrive to the villages: Kvemo Omalo, Shenako and Diklo. In Diklo we will see the Pichekhi Castle, which is standing at the border of Russian Federation.We also will have lunch in nature.
- After all we’ll arrive back to Tbilisi. So Jeep tour in Tusheti is finished.
Number of tourists 1 2 3 4 5 6
Price per person in USD 550 315 235 195 175 155
PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDE: Lunch on the road till Tusheti; Price for souvenirs