Explore the east part of Georgia
Number of tourists: Unlimited
Driving distance: 500 km
Walking distance: 51 km
Tusheti trekking tour – duration six days including the road. Overnights in guesthouses. Within the tour you will be able to see: Alaverdi Cathedral, three of Tushetian valleys: Chagma, Pirikiti and Chanchakhovani; Lake Oreti.
Trekking in Tusheti is very popular tourism attraction in the area. On your demand, you can also have a horse-riding or Jeep tour around this amazing part of Georgia.
- Arrival at Tbilisi International airport.
- Transfer to the hotel.
II-Day: Tbilisi –Mtsketa – Tbilisi (B/L/D)
- Sightseeing tour of Old Tbilisi, a charming town built along the twisting valley of the Mtkvari River. Start the tour in Old Tbilisi at the 13th century Metekhi church. Continue to the Synagogue, Syoni Cathedral, and Anchiskhati Basilica. Afterward, a car will take us up to 4th-century Narikala Fortress, from there you can enjoy a picturesque panoramic view of Tbilisi. Then we walk to the brick-domed Sulfur Baths.
- After lunch, we visit Mtskheta, the ancient capital and religious center of Georgia which contains many of Georgia’s most beautiful and oldest churches, including the 6th century Jvari Monastery and 11th-century Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (where the Robe of Christ is buried), both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Dinner in the restaurant in Tbilisi. Overnight at a hotel in Tbilisi
Lunch: Restaurant Dzveli Armazi 13:30
Dinner: Restaurant Kartuli Sakhli 20:00
III-Day: Tbilisi – Alaverdi – Shenako – Omalo (B/PL/D)
- We will Visit 11th-century cathedral Alaverdi, One of the biggest and most beautiful cathedrals in Georgia.
- After we drive To towards one of the most ecologically unspoiled regions in the Caucasus Tusheti; located on the northern slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountains, most of the villages, because of hard life conditions are deserted. Arrive in Shenako, a remote and beautiful village (2080m. above sea level), walk around. Drive to Omalo. (1880m above sea level).Explore this beautiful village. It consists of two parts: Upper Omalo and Lower Omalo.
- Dinner and Overnight in a private guesthouse in Omalo.
Lunch – Picnik
IV-Day: Omalo – Dartlo – Dano – Kvavlo – Parsma – Dartlo (B/PL/D)
- After breakfast, we Drive do Dartlo and walk up to a beautiful hill, from where you’ll have picturesque views of Caucasus Range. Explore villages Dano, Kvavlo and Parsma. Drive back to Omalo.
- Dinner and overnight in a private guesthouse in Omalo. (Walking time: approx. 6-8 hours)
V-Day: Dartlo – Dochu – Verkhovani – Omalo (B/PL/D)
- After breakfast, we will continue to explore some of the remote villages Dochu and Verkhovani. Return to Omalo museum and a tower in an upper part and a national park with an interesting exhibition in a lower one.
- Dinner and Overnight in a private guesthouse in Omalo. (Walking time: approx. 3-4 hours)
VI-Day: Omalo – Gremi – Kvareli – Telavi (B/PL/D)
- From Omalo we drive to Wine Region of Georgia Kakheti and visit Gremi complex, the 16th-century architectural monument – the royal citadel and the Church of the Archangels. After lunch, we drive to Kvareli wine cellar for degustating the different types of wine.
- Dinner and overnight in a guesthouse in Telavi.
VII-Day: (27.08)Telavi – Gori – Uflistsikhe – Tbilisi (B/L/D)
- From Telavi we drive to the town of Gori, Stalin’s birthplace. Josef Stalin (1879 – 1953) was Georgia’s most infamous son; the secretary general of the Communist Party from 1922 until his death, he is said to have been one of the cruelest dictators of modern times, although you might hear a different version in Georgia. In Gori you can visit his house and the Stalin Museum which features the famous Stalin statue that was controversially standing in the main square up until June 2010. Continue to the cave town of Uflistsikhe, lying on the route of the Great Silk Road, hewn from the cliffs in the 6th century BC.
- Drive to Tbilisi. Dinner and overnight in a hotel in Tbilisi.
Lunch: Salobie 13:00
Dinner: Okros Katkha – 20:00
VIII-Day: Tbilisi – Stefantsminda – Gergeti –Gveleti Waterfalls – Stefantsminda (B/PL/D)
After breakfast, we drive along the famous Georgian Military Highway (leading to the Georgian-Russian border). On the way, we stop near Ananuri architectural complex (17th century). A stunning drive along the Tergi River will bring us to Stepantsminda – the main town in Khevi region, hike up through beautiful valleys and woodland to Gergeti Trinity Church located at 2170m. Weather permitting you may catch a glimpse of one of the highest glaciers in the Caucasus – Mt. Mkinvartsveri (Mt. Kazbegi, 5047m.). Later we drive to the village of Gveleti, famous for its beautiful waterfalls and enjoy the scenic walk. Dinner and overnight in a hotel in Stefantsminda. (Walking time: 2 + 3 hours)
Dinner: hotel 20:00
IX Day: Stefantsminda – Juta-Gudauri
- In the morning drive to Juta (2150m above sea level) – cut off from the rest of the country for 6 months a year due to snow. Here we will enjoy a 3-hour walk to Mt. Chaukhebi, where you will climb a little way up the slopes, you will then walk back to Juta. During the trip, we will have lunch in Zeta camp.
- After all, we will drive to Gudauri ski resorts (2200m above sea level). (Walking time: 2 + 3 hours)
- Dinner and overnight in a hotel in Tbilisi.
Lunch: Zeta camp
Dinner: Hotel 20:00
X Day: Gudauri-Tbilisi (B/PL/D)
- In the morning enjoy one hour walk on the top of the main Caucasus range. We will also have time to have a paragliding and also rafting on your demand. At midday, we will drive back to Tbilisi.
- Dinner and overnight in a hotel in Tbilisi (Walking time: approx. 3 hours)
Dinner: Hotel 20:00
XI Day: Departure
- Transfer to airport.
[table id=12 /]